Friday, June 27, 2014

Texas

We have left for our vacation. we are headed for the east coast. I tend to forget until we get back east how much bigger the trees are and how much greener everything is! I love Texas though-Texas has a certain charm all it's own! Here and there in Texas you have that old west charm. You see ranches sometimes still and oil wells here and there. There are more oil wells in my part of Texas than there was when I first came to Texas. Sometimes we love going down to the Fort Worth Stockyards--they used to call part of that Hell's Half acre. They do cattle drives for tourists down there at the stockyards about twice a day. Some towns are just sleepy little towns and then you have cities like Dallas and San Antonio. San Antonio is so awesome and fascinating and historical! I think I can go on and on about Texas! I will save more about that for another time! I hope to be able to blog a little more this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment